Keep your hands clean to help avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Your best option is to wash your hands with soap and water, clean running water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
When should you wash your hands?
- Before preparing or eating food
- After going to the bathroom
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has gone to the bathroom
- Before and after tending to someone who is sick
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling an animal or animal waste
- After handling garbage
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
© 2008-2011, 2015, 2018 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.