Rise and shine…it’s time to eat breakfast!
Even though your stomach may not be growling first thing in the morning, it is wise to eat breakfast within two hours of waking up.
Begin your day with a piece of fruit, such as an apple or banana. Then, pair that with a piece of whole wheat toast and low-fat peanut butter or a small bowl of high fiber cereal with fat-free milk.
Here are some of the benefits of having a morning meal:
- Breakfast helps control binge eating throughout the day.
- Breakfast eaters have more strength and endurance, sharper concentration and better problem-solving abilities.
- People who eat a morning meal consume more vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
- Breakfast eaters consume less fat and cholesterol than non-breakfast eaters.
- People who eat breakfast have lower blood cholesterol, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.
© 2008, 2015 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.